Wednesday, February 23, 2011

embracing my momminess.

my favorite memories include outings with babies in my slings/carriers.  
i loved seeing exactly what they saw.

i want to show them EVERYTHING beautiful in the world, especially the nature God gave us.

i want them to remember special days as just that, no stress, no drama-just love and fun.


i even loved being pregnant. 
 every pound meant a day closer to being a mommy again...even when that climbed to 75 and it looked like an alien invaded my body, i still loved it. 
i warned you.  i was cooking an 11 pound 2 ounce toddler baby and it was scary looking.

i know this much is true with every moment that passes
i was put on this earth to be their mother and if it is all i ever do
amen

to embrace some more momminess hop over to Emily's Blog!

31 comments:

sarah may said...

Sweet words and pictures! Embracing the camera and mommyhood :)

mrs.natu said...

11 pounds 2 ounces?? really? WOW!
being a momma is a high calling! i loved what you wrote at the end:
"i know this much is true with every moment that passes
i was put on this earth to be their mother and if it is all i ever do
amen"
very sweet post.

Amber said...

what a wonderful post. You and your kiddos are super cute!!

cami said...

What a beautiful post. Being a Mom has been the BEST job God could have blessed me with. And your 37 week belly is AWESOME! I love preggo bellies and I LOVED being pregnant too. Every second of it.

Wendy said...

I love love love this post! And really? 11 lbs!? Had to be the cutest rolly polly baby ever =) You all are so cute!

Unknown said...

you and your kiddos are adorable! Love the pictures! And you look so great pregnant!

thelincbetweenus.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Oh you & your family are beauties!!

and whoa, big baby!

Anne Eurose said...

1) Love no-stress, no-drama days!
2) No stretch marks? That is a.w.e.s.o.m.e. I have a love/hate relationship with mine :).
3) I got the idea for the Thousand Graces from another mommy-blogger, Capturing Motherhood. I didn't realize there was a book.

stacey said...

Hey pretty momma-11lbs that is awesome- chubby lil' new borns are the SO cute!!!!

Laurie J said...

11 lbs 2 oz, you go, girl! 3 of mine were 9+ lb.ers...whew! I'm lovin how you capture the "everyday" of mommyhood! too sweet.

Jamie Kubeczka said...

Love it! Motherhood is amazing!

Conni said...

great pictures!! Thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

Great pictures!
Love this post... so sweet :)

Kristine@thefoleyfam said...

Love all the pictures! You make one beautiful preggers!!! The last one is def my fav!! CUTE CUTE CUTE!

Anonymous said...

I was having a super bad day and it was good to read this and be reminded.
Thanks for the "hug".

sara ericson said...

wow! you look a-ma-zing!!! beautiful kiddos; i bet you're SO proud. : )

Jami Nato said...

you are soooooo cute. even 75LBs heavier! way to rock that...

Meagan said...

love this! i didn't use a sling with my first, but really want to try it with this next one... hopefully he's not 11 pounds!

katrina adams said...

i love every.single.one. of those photos. pregnancy really is such a beautiful experience...i wish i could do it over and over and over again. ha!

Anonymous said...

Love the babywearing!

Anonymous said...

Love the babywearing!

rebecca said...

beautiful words. beautiful photos! :)

Unknown said...

YAY TO THE OVER 11 POUND BABIES!! Nice to know I'm not the only one :) I can't believe you didn't even get a double chin though! LUCKY! Great pics!

Anonymous said...

love that last shot!
and I agree with you 100% it's a true gift!
tara

Andi Adams said...

You are so pretty! I love your hair!

Jami said...

What a sweet post. Love your blog!

lesleyzellers said...

Oh girl! Love this post and your family is gorgeous. Beautifully written and I agree with you on why I was put on this earth as well.

Carey C. Bailey said...

all are wonderful - last shot is super sweet. With Joy, Carey

melinda said...

owie!!! 11 pounder?!?!?! you are so adorb, seriously. i love being a momma too(even though i am very new to the gig). i love that sling photo....looks so comfy :) thanks for the love over in my little corner of the intranet :)

Melissa said...

So sweet. Love all the pics. You guys are adorable

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

I love these sweet pics, the last one is my favorite!