Tuesday, February 8, 2011

She Is.


I watch her through the window at gymnastics giggling with her girlfriends.
I sense something so familiar, something that is so close to me.  And then I realize...she IS me. 
Upon this realization, I immediately PRAY to God that she can somehow surpass all of the pain, the disappointment and the crushing blows of being a girl. 

I can hear the sound of my heart breaking in my chest when I think of girls making fun of her..ignoring her...making her doubt herself. 
 I look through the window again and I see a glow, it is her smile and her happy heart.  She hugs the little girl in line next to her as they whisper secrets.  I am frozen. 


Maybe she is not me, but a new version. One with a tougher exterior, one with Jesus pulsing through her soul. 
Her own ideas, her own way to deal with the cruelty, her own take on life. 

I will hold onto this and I will prepare myself to catch her if she falls and push her right back up.  I will be there to relight her fire.  I will continue to teach her who God has created her to be. 

As I watch through the window of her life, I feel the Holy Spirit RIGHT next to me whispering, "She is NOT you, she is the gift I created for you, cherish her and lead her-she is yours."

 

1 comment:

Ang said...

Oh, I love this post!