Friday, April 22, 2011

I love my House Chalkboard-DIY!

in November, jon and i rehabbed this chalkboard
it used to hang in my grandfathers office inside the old chicago marshall fields building

it was 2 minutes from the trash pile


a little inspiration, chalkboard paint and some shabby chic vibes and viola!
an organization center is born!


we LOVE this area of our house, it is in the dining room.
we use it to write notes, things to remember, audrey's school work, etc
we have fun each month making the letters for the months
(holy hot glue and sixlets)


we dress it up for family occasions


right now it is displaying quotes from Jesus during the days leading to His resurrection
(and some various preschool crafts:)

we take a picture each week so that we can remember what we were doing
i love our chalkboard!

hop over to Kelly's Korner for other organizing tips!
http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/

2 comments:

Erin Branscom said...

I love your huge chalkboard! I have a total thing for chalkboards! :) Erin

www.healthybranscoms.com

Abramyan Avenue said...

I love your chalkboard!! I homeschool and we NEED a chalkboard that size. Some things are just easier to be shown when written on a chalkboard!
Hope your weekend is going great!
-April