I decided to use it for my calendar letters on the chalkboard this month. Nothing says January like sparkling silver glitter. The problem with sparkly, is that it attracts things.....things like little people.
"Ohhh Mama sooo pwitee!!" (Says the little)
"Can I touch dat?" (Says the medium)
"I can help right?" (Says the big as she drags a chair over to the table)
Cringe.....squint.....distract.....slap my forehead.....list the reasons why not....oh DAMN! That whole better mothering thing again. The patient and loving voice buried deep down inside responds, "Sure Aud."
We huddle in, gather supplies, lay out newspaper and release the beast from it's clear container.
As we sprinkle, pat and gently shake along-we notice the beautiful silver start to quickly disappear. It will look SO bad if all the beginning letters are silver and then we only have pink at the end.....arg. Audrey notices and says, "Oh no I hope we don't run out of the silver." I say "From your lips to God's ears girl." and then it happens.....
My big, my blindly faithful child, buries her face into her hands and utters an inaudible prayer to our God. Such an awesome moment to watch her assume, that the God of all creation, would be listening to her plead for enough glitter to finish her art project. That is faith, that is trust, that is my daughter knowing that God knows every hair on her head and that He will never let her down. And sure is shootin..........He didn't.
No comments:
Post a Comment