Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Some kind of wonderful...

...yes she is.  My Audrey.  She says some funny stuff.  Like one night when Georgia had begged her for the fiftieth time to please reach her ever elusive binki from the floor, Audrey called out for me.  She said "I need Georgia to sleep somewhere else and by somewhere else I mean AFRICA." 

Or the other day at Target when I said "No." to every request she made (apparently her Christmas list is still rolling) to buy her something and she said, "Mom, I thought we were friends." 

She is her own person.  She knows what she is supposed to like: Hannah Montana, iCarly, painting fingernails, playing with dolls and wearing cute clothes.  In reality, she likes to pick up pine cones and make them into families, categorize her animal figures into their correct phylum (thank you Michelle A.).  She even has a favorite insect, a dung beetle-interesting little guy you should look him up sometime. 

In her worst moments she is bossy, whiny, loud and impatient.  In her best moments she is curious, smart, strong, caring, introspective, loving and whimsical.  I love her shiny and her dull.  She puts me in my place when I need it. ("Mom-you said you were not drinking pop in 2011" as I crack open a Dr. P in the store.) 

Just to let you in on how my girl rolls.....she thinks this is fun. 
I guess topography is fun.....I should pencil it in sometime.

If you are at my house when she is home, this is where you will usually find her.  She is not the neatest pig in the sty-that is for sure.  She continues to expand this better mother's heart.  I look into those eyes and she sees me back. I pray that she will be HER for the rest of her life because if she is....well, you'll see.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

oh man, that last line kills me. beautifully said, my friend.