Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sit.

My love, the one true surprise of my life.  I have these "moments" with her.  I hold her sweet chubbiness in my arms and I let myself be blown away by her physical being.  However, she doesn't stay still very long and so today, I let her lead.  She wanted me to "Sit." (audio would read, "thit") I find this command very difficult to follow.  Sitting stops so many other things from occurring (for instance today that was laundry).  Following my better mothering promise led my butt to the floor of the girls' room.  She swiftly searched for entertainment that would keep me sedentary and hers.  If she only knew that from the moment of her existence, I was hers.  A tiny tin suitcase container gripped in her sweaty hand-thrusted in my face.  "Open."  I opened to a treasure, a hoarding of lip attire.  Cherry Blossom, Peanut Butter, Cool Cola.  She twisted the caps carefully and the scent of my girlhood sprang to my nose.  Her soft bubble gum breath lingered on my face as she painstakingly aimed at just the right spot-application is key when working with plastic lip balm.  I sat and took her in.  Better mothering lesson number one.  Sit.

No comments: